Over the course of two years, Festo passed through the following successive project stages:
- From the conception on the “international” green field,
- to user stories and persona descriptions as well as requirements descriptions,
- System and partner selection,
- Development of a functional prototype and relevant user scenarios,
- Usertesting with the relevant personas and evaluation of the results,
- In-house UX/Design (corporate design compliant and “customized” implementation),
- Intranet editor training with the system and on working in a decentralized editorial office,
- Marketing and rollout phase,
- Integration and fusion of Festo infrastructure and applications and NEOCOSMO’s new technical platform PIIPE Workplace.
With a “big bang”, the new Festo WeNet was launched worldwide at the end of November 2019 and will from now on be the personalized entry point into the digital working world of Festo: Here, employees* will find news from the company, information about departments, the colleague search, their sharepoints and business applications as well as internal services.
In the past few months, the new system has already more than demonstrated its worth and proved its absolute necessity in terms of flexibility and (crisis) communication capabilities. The Corona pandemic has brought new and previously unknown challenges to light for many companies – not least for internal communications. The new WeNet was able to help communicate quickly and appropriately, giving employees a sense of security and an “up to date” feeling – embedded in a stable IT infrastructure and direct, digital exchange – across departments and countries.