Powered by PIIPE
The Festo WeNet
For you – with you!
Employees from Human Resources (HR), Information Technology (IT) and Corporate Communication (CC) meet… this is the constellation in which the Social Intranet project at Festo began. A new path was taken towards personalized and interactive communication.
The Festo WeNet at a glance
Winner in the category “Best Social Intranet” 2020
Festo has become a long-standing customer for NEOCOSMO. In addition to the Festo “People.Net”, the digital employee magazine, and in addition to the press portal, we faced the challenge of developing the worldwide Festo Social Intranet based on our platform PIIPE.
The old WeNet consisted of severely outdated content, “end of life” technology, was not mobile-enabled, and communication was one-way and rigid. The mission was clear: new technology, new concept, new design, new content and features like liking and commenting.
Over the course of two years, Festo passed through the following successive project stages:
- From the conception on the “international” green field,
- to user stories and persona descriptions as well as requirements descriptions,
- System and partner selection,
- Development of a functional prototype and relevant user scenarios,
- Usertesting with the relevant personas and evaluation of the results,
- In-house UX/Design (corporate design compliant and “customized” implementation),
- Intranet editor training with the system and on working in a decentralized editorial office,
- Marketing and rollout phase,
- Integration and fusion of Festo infrastructure and applications and NEOCOSMO’s new technical platform PIIPE Workplace.
With a “big bang”, the new Festo WeNet was launched worldwide at the end of November 2019 and will from now on be the personalized entry point into the digital working world of Festo: Here, employees* will find news from the company, information about departments, the colleague search, their sharepoints and business applications as well as internal services.
In the past few months, the new system has already more than demonstrated its worth and proved its absolute necessity in terms of flexibility and (crisis) communication capabilities. The Corona pandemic has brought new and previously unknown challenges to light for many companies – not least for internal communications. The new WeNet was able to help communicate quickly and appropriately, giving employees a sense of security and an “up to date” feeling – embedded in a stable IT infrastructure and direct, digital exchange – across departments and countries.